Coaches Code of Conduct
Rocky Mountain Swim League Coach Code of Conduct
The Rocky Mountain Swim League (RMSL) expects all coaches to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
At all RMSL meets coaches should:
1. Display the characteristics referred to in the RMSL Bylaws – courtesy, goodwill and sportsmanship.
2. Conduct yourself and your team with integrity and in compliance with all RMSL rules and regulations.
3. Treat swimmer safety as a priority and report any safety concerns immediately to the appropriate official or team leader.
4. Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting yourself in a manner that earns the respect of your swimmers, parents, other teams, officials and your peers.
5. Support the swimmers, team volunteers, parents, officials and other coaches with positive communication and actions.
6. Show respect for the meet facilities and follow the rules of the pool to which you have been invited.
7. Maintain self control at all times. Allow swimmers to swim, coaches to coach, officials to officiate and parents to parent. Set a positive example for the swimmers and parents in our league.
8. Respect the meet officials and their authority even if you don’t agree with a decision. As stated in the RMSL Bylaws, protests may only be made by a team parent representative to the Referee.
9. Understand that inappropriate behavior, actions or attitudes including, but not limited to,criticizing, name calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward an official, parent, volunteer, participating swimmer or other coach will not be permitted or tolerated.
10. Understand that such behavior may result in you being asked to leave the pool for the duration of the meet, and that repeat violations may result in a multiple meet or full season suspension and may impact your employment within RMSL.
Finally, at all meets coaches should enjoy the wonderful spirit and tradition that is the Rocky Mountain Swim League.