Parent Code of Conduct
The Forest Park Swim Team expects all swim parents to abide by the following Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct is based on the Rocky Mountain Swim League’s 2012 Code of Conduct with modifications for the Forest Park Swim Team
At all FP Blue Fin meets and practices (where applicable) parents should:
1. Display the characteristics referred to in the Rocky Mountain Swim League Bylaws (RMSL) courtesy, good will and sportsmanship. The RMSL bylaws are posted on the web site
2. Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting yourself in a manner that earns the respect of your child, other swimmers, coaches, officials and other parents.
3. Support the swimmers, coaches, officials and other parents with positive communication and actions.
4. Show respect for the meet/practice facilities and follow the rules of the pool to which you have been invited. Please remember that the HRA of the Forest Park Neighborhood is granting the team access to the pool and the team is a guest.
5. Maintain self control at all times. Allow swimmers to swim, coaches to coach, officials to officiate and parents to parent. To that end parents may not be allowed behind the blocks during meets unless requested by a coach or they are volunteering. If asked to leave please be respectful and abide by the request.
6. Respect the meet officials and their authority even if you don’t agree with a decision. As stated in the RMSL Bylaws, protests may only be made by a team parent representative to the Referee.
7. Understand that criticizing, name calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward an official, coach, participating swimmer or other parent will not be permitted or tolerated.
8. Parents shall be responsible for their guests in accordance with these by laws
- will be investigated immediately for such a breach of the Code of Conduct by the Head Coach(es) and/or Parent Reps
- violations will result in:
- immediate suspension of the Family from all team activities for period of one full week, no refunds for any pre-paid activities during that time
- if the violation is serious in nature or a repeat offense will result in immediate expulsion from the team. No refunds will be provided for any pre-paid activities that time period. The family will not be allowed to attend (as a visitor or guest) to any Forest Park Swim Team function for the remainder of the season.
Finally, at all meets parents should enjoy the wonderful spirit and tradition that is the Forest Park Swim Team.