Swimmer Code of Conduct
The Forest Park Swim Team expects all swim parents to abide by the following Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct is based on the Rocky Mountain Swim League’s 2012 Parent Code of Conduct with modifications for the Forest Park Swim Team for swimmers.
At all FP Blue Fin meets and practices (where applicable) swimmers should:
1. Display the characteristics referred to in the Rocky Mountain Swim League Bylaws (RMSL) courtesy, good will and sportsmanship.
2. Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting yourself in a manner that earns the respect of your parents, other swimmers, coaches, officials and other parents.
3. Support other swimmers, coaches, officials and other parents with positive communication and actions.
4. Show respect for the meet/practice facilities and follow the rules of the pool to which you have been invited.
5. Maintain self control at all times.
6. Respect the meet officials and their authority even if you don’t agree with a decision
7. Understand that criticizing, bullying, name calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward an official, coach, participating swimmer, parents and volunteers will not be permitted or tolerated.
8. Understand that such behavior is unacceptable and given the nature of such a short season. Any swimmer that has been reported to a Coach, Parent Rep or Official as having violated this code of conduct:
- will be investigated immediately for such a breach of the Code of Conduct by the Head Coach(es) and/or Parent Reps and/or Officials. Decisions of investigative party are final.
- violations will result in:
- immediate suspension from all team activities for period of one full week, no refunds for any pre-paid activities during that time
- if the violation is serious in nature or a repeat offense will result in immediate expulsion from the team. No refunds will be provided for any pre-paid activities that time period. The Swimmer will not be allowed to attend (as a visitor or guest) to any Forest Park Swim Team function.
Finally, at all meets swimmers should enjoy the wonderful spirit and tradition that is the Forest Park Swim Team.